Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Summer is winding down, but why is it still so hot??

So here in So Cal, it is still toasty. Yesterday it was like a sweat lodge cleaning in the snake room. And yet I did it. And so did the Joel.

I don't run air conditioning in the room, as it seems pointless. The snakes are supposed to be warm, so why run air conditioning in the room??? The Joel couldn't quite grasp why WE as humans had to suffer, but that is alright. The deed is done.

The ants have also been vanquished. Sneaky bastards. They invade EVERYTHING. They were after the water in the water dishes, as it is very dry where I live.

I was actually afraid to spray any chemicals in the room in fear of health issues for the animals, so I had to spray a bit on a paper towel and wipe each part down.

Note to self: Wear gloves so as to not get bit as much by roving ants.

My hands are still stinging.



Anyway, I pulled up this photo because I don't like it. Why you ask? Well, can YOU tell what morph it is??? I think to the casual observer, they would not be able to.

It is a Mojave. One of my 07' females, and a beautiful example of the morph in PERSON. Not in photos. I have yet to be able to capture her essence in photography. Maybe my skills are lacking? Probably... Anyway, enjoy.

No comments: