Monday, April 20, 2009

CRIKEY!!! (Nom Nom Nom)

This weekend is over, and its back to the grind.

We had a good one this weekend, although there were plenty of bumps in the road.

Lots of highs, a few lows... So I guess it evens out, eh?

Let us begin with Saturday.

I thought I was being a good car owner by taking my car in for my transmission fluid flush and oil change.

Went to get the tranny done with Mechanic A, then go get the oil change done at another place, Mechanic B. Mechanic B at the oil place tells me "Hey, you need to get your tranny fluid flushed.."

I look at them as if they are crazy, and they show me a paper with new versus my own fluid. I tell them... that can't be right... I just got it done like an hour ago!

So, filled with annoyance and more than a bit perturbed, I return to Mechanic A, and tell them that they didn't do my transmission fluid right. They insist they did it, TWICE even. I say, I don't care. It looks like it wasn't done, and I want my money back. They insist they did it, and will not return my money.

I admit, I am not the most in-tune with my car, but I made a stink as I am not one to be taken advantage of, and they did the service again in front of me twice. It was not completely clean, but it was done enough to make me believe that it was done.




Red looks red, and black looks black. I don't care what you tell me about that and how many quarts of fluid it takes. Red should be red.. FIX IT.

So, after wasting 3 hours of my Saturday morning on dealing with things that should have only taken an hour, I began my day. I cleaned, I set up a few things, moved animals around, and basically got things organized to a degree. Then, I watched TV and relaxed a little.

That evening, we went out to see Lew and Jaz in Long Beach. I've never had Wahoo's Fish Tacos before, and I have to admit, they are pretty good.

After dinner, we went to see I Love You, Man. HILARIOUS movie.... Totes My Goats... It's so AWESOME!

While at the movie, I found some Gummy Crocodiles... CRIKEY!!! They went extinct in my stomach. Delicious...



Nom Nom Nom...

Sunday comes around, and I go out to pick up an animal I've been waiting for in my collection for a few years, and he just fell into my lap on this one.

I am now the proud owner of a Proven Breeder Pastel Lesser Male.

As he is older, he is not as amazing as some of the one out of the egg, but I am pleased with him and what he will do for my projects.





I plan to put him with at least a Pastel female, a few normals and maybe the Mojave next year? I'm not sure yet, but I am very pleased to have him here. He's going to be doing some great things for me. He's my first Lesser!! Another notch on the belt of the collection.

Anyway, here we are, Monday... Lots to do today, so I'm going to sign off.

Have a great day, my friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog sorry about the car issues but isn't he a perfect prize to end a mediocre weekend LOL

Tim

Colin Weaver said...

So do you think Mek-a-nik-A tried to cheat you or do you think they actually forgot to do it? Cuz' if fleecing was on their agenda you need to destroy them. You know that, right?

Anonymous said...

you have to watch out with trans flushes they are not like oil changes. in a oil change they drain 100% of the oil and replace 100% of the oil. in a trans flush they only drain about 1/3 or less depends how cheap they are being. and then refill it. so its like having a glass of water thats 70% dirt drain 1/3 and replace with 1/3 of clean water and now the clean water looks just like the old did.