Thursday, June 16, 2011

Clutch #1 OUT!

First clutch of the season is out and about, my friends.

I am rather excited about it, if I do say so myself.

I really am enjoying seeing the tiny babies hatch out.

This clutch was the Pastel Lesser x Pastel pairing, and the results were not unexpected, per se, but the Lesser portion of the genetics was rather lacking...

Here is the outcome:

1.1 Pastels
1.1 Super Pastels
1.0 Super Pastel Lesser


This guy, who I was hoping was going to be a gal, is absolutely smoking! He is gorgeous, and similar in pattern to his older brother, who I have here to be a future breeder for next season.


Again, a group picture. The background isn't that great, and the colors aren't the best, but hey. It's a group picture!

 The Supers together...


And the Super Pastel Lesser alone in all his glory. 


He should be a great looking animal, like his older brother.


Isn't that the weirdest thing? These guys only have a year difference between them. The color change is staggering, but especially right out of the egg until now. Maybe we will do another color comparison after the first shed.

With joy comes sadness as well. My beloved Bobo, the white dumbo rat that I have had for many years passed away last night of old age. He was a good breeder and a good pet. Rest in Peace, my friend.

So with that, we have a great few days of nothing exciting happening quite yet, as the next clutch to hatch is due at the end of the month.

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: