Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Clutches 18, 19, and 20

 Before I begin:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOEL!

Okay.. I'm done.
Oh boy! Well, I got back in late Sunday night, so I didn't really do much but prep some shipments and get myself a bit of rest.

So on Monday, I went thru to check on everyone, and lo and behold, MORE CLUTCHES had been laid. Some of these I wasn't even prepared for (meaning I didn't expect them to lay). 
Lets begin with Clutch #18.


This is my Pastel female bred to my Lemonblast male. I have yet to produce anything Killerblast, so this clutch will be fun to see what pops out!
Six eggs! They look great, and I can't wait to see what they hold. Here's to some Killerblasts.

For those of you who follow the blog over the years, do you remember the devastation of my last Queenbee clutch?

Lesser Pastel to Spider..

Last year, all the eggs went bad. 

This year, that better not happen...

Different Spider female, more hope for the future.


I have six chances to finally produce my Queenbee. 
Fingers crossed again for these.


And Clutch 20..

This clutch is the one that I didn't expect at ALL.
Take one look at this gal.

She is TINY.

She is a Pastel 50% possible het TSK Axanthic female I got in trade a few years back, and although I knew she was old enough, she was less than 1200 grams this season. She was not supposed to be bred, but apparently I put the TSK Axanthic male in with her once or twice.

So imagine my surprise when I see these eggs in this tub! 

She is even more tiny, clocking in at 703 grams after laying. 

And the eggs have more than likely been in the tub for a bit, since I didn't have her on egg watch while I was gone. But I wrote down the date I found the eggs as the lay date on these guys. We will see!

The eggs look great, albeit smaller than usual.
Now that they are here, I just hope that she proves!
Fingers crossed on this one too, as this will be (if she proves) a part of my Killerbee Axanthic project.


So there you go, my friends. YAY for being in the twenties for clutch count, but I need things to start hatching soon, or else I'm going to be running out of incubator space. 

Have a great day!

No comments: