Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are there Penes in there?



One of the last Albino clutches to hatch out here has done so. Albino to Het, and we got straight across the board odds. 3 Albinos, 3 Hets...

Sex ratio, however??

Well... Straight across the board as well, kinda. 2.1 each. Less of a Pene party then last time, but still more Penes than not.

And of course, the only Albino female was the LAST animal to come out of the egg, so she had me sweating the whole time.



I apologize for the angle of the photo.. Usually it corrects itself, but I can't figure out why it isn't right now. LAME. So please don't strain your necks trying to look at the photos.

Anyway, I am pleased to finally have an Albino female. So pleased that I may just keep her... But I'm on the fence about it. We shall see.



Speaking of Penes, I HATE THAT THIS GUY IS A BOY. This is one of the hottest Pastels I have hatched out so far... And those hemipenes are just driving me nuts!! I admit that I have checked this animal at least 10 times to make sure I was wrong... which I wasn't. Sad, really. I would keep him, but I already have a whole rack of Penes to work with.

Oh well...

Boys are good too, right??

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Congrats on finally getting a female albino.. and also congrats on at least getting half binos!


and yes, that pastel is quite the looker!

congrats on the wonderful babies