Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Heartwrenching surgery



Well... I knew it had to be too good to be true. Its about two hours before I get on my flight, and I check everything before I am getting set.

I see the Silver Bullet with a problem... It has its umbilical cord wrapped around its body!!

SHIT.

So I take it out, try and unwrap it from its body, and manage to knot it up at the base of the yolk sac.

SHIT.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me in my life... I know what people have said about what to do, but... what am I going to do?

So I try and untie it.

No way no how. That stuff is slippery and I am too afraid of ripping something to do anything severe.

So... surgery.

I used unwaxed floss, tied it off tightly, and made the incision.

I have never done this before... So I'm hoping that its going to be okay.



Here is the aftermath.

Pretty clean, pretty simple..

Now, we wait and see that the baby survives.

PLEASE.

Of course, its a boy too.. DOUBLEY PLEASE....


Please put some healing living thoughts to this little boy. I need it.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

You did awesome, Heather!

Chris said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you, looks like you did a great job.

Brandi said...

WOW, it looks great though. Best of luck to a full recovery!

Anonymous said...

Heather I'm send them all to you. Healing powers do work

Tim