Friday, August 21, 2009

Sometimes you gotta stop... and smell the flowers



Yesterday was windy, and I really didn't get the perfect pictures I would have wanted, but here is what I did get.

So stop and enjoy. :)



I've always enjoyed visiting my family up in northern California. Its much more relaxed than the Los Angeles area. Much more.. naturey. I know for those of you in the states that still have lots of open foliage, this may be boring, but this is a place that for me, I can actually still walk around and enjoy nature alone. There is very little of that where I live.



I remember when Peppermint Roses became main stream. I honestly find them not at the top of my rose color list, but they are very interesting to look at, and if the wind wasn't moving it around so much, I'm sure the photo would have been very nice.



And another rose... I love roses



And our state flower.. the California Golden Poppy :)



This is Mt. Tamalpais. I grew up here, in its shadows. Its a lovely mountain...



Birdies with a dirty lens..



More. This is a titmouse. It was sitting in a batting cage, and I was on the other side. I like how this photo turned out.



Mini rose. My mother used to have a bush of these in our old house in San Francisco. I remember that fondly. Heck, I think we sill have a bush at her now house..



I LOVE these colors. Reds, oranges and yellows are just my favorites.



The mountain again.. and the path.



Wild blackberries. I didn't try any, but they smelled good.



Another out of focus flower.



The wind was blowing, and the rustling made me want to take a picture. This one was the best one.



So this is obviously not snakey in the least, because I am not anywhere near them at the moment. BUT I would like to report that Mister Bullet is doing fine so far, and should make a full recovery.

Have a fantastic weekend, my friends. Enjoy your days. Maybe even stop and smell a flower or two before they are gone.

No comments: