Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not for the faint of heart

Well, we've had our third death of the season, this time it was much more complicated than usual. The clutch was a mystery clutch, and all of the eggs had pipped but this one.

I decided to cut the egg to make sure the baby was alright..

I did, and this is what came out.



Normally, its a cut and dry case.. The snake is dead, limp, no control of any motor functions, no signs of life.

Unfortunately for this baby, its heart was beating still, and it was breathing. It still had no motor functions, was unable to move at all, but could breathe and I could see the chest beating.

I honestly was heart broken, but I thought that maybe, just maybe, it would survive. I put it in its own tub, connected to its yolk and egg still... however, within a few hours, it had no signs of life at all.

What a shame.

It really does put things in that much more perspective for the livelyhood of the animals we do hatch out. Appreciate them..

And its clutchmates all were doing fine.

Again, we have a sausage party on our hands. 3.0 Pastels, 1.0 Normal.

But a few of these pastels are HOT!!!



And the Het Axanthics 66% PH Albino are all out, 1.3. Not bad sex odds at all.. I'm not upset!



There is another Albino clutch pipping as we speak as well.. 2 Albinos, 3 hets, one still in the egg.

Pieds are next as well...

Should be an interesting couple of days!

And today is major cleaning day. I tracked down some more sanichips, so it is Summer Cleaning day. YAY!

Have a great day, my friends..

1 comment:

Jackie M. said...

Poor baby snake :( :(