Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Breathing easy, and Chipo!!!

Well, yesterday, I had heard we were going to have a hot one here in Southern California. 90+ heat wave supposed to be rolling in.

Okay. Not my favorite, but hey.. it happens.

What I didn't realize was that there was a brush fire that was getting really large right across the mountains. A brush fire that was turning into a forest fire. Now here in So Cal, Fires happen often in this season. Its hot and dry, and people are crazy. I honestly don't know who started it (I think it was a campfire?), but I saw the aftermath, and felt the urge to take a picture.

It was rather eerie, actually.

I also couldn't breathe, but... thats a common occurance out here in Smog land.



You could see the smoke from a large distance. The sky was clear, and so it was very prominent in the sky. Kinda majestic in a wierd way.



So yeah, hope you enjoyed that. I thought it was interesting.



My friend Brian asked me about Chipo the other day, and asked me to do a blog about her. I thought, that is GENIUS!!! I haven't featured her in a long time. As my crowning achievement in breeding thus far, she should be put more at the forefront, I suppose.



She is doing well, now that she is around a year old. She is actually packing on the weight, and weighs around 700 grams. I am pleased! She should absolutely be ready to go in the 2011 season.

What do I plan to pair with her? I honestly am not sure. I have been thinking about it for a while, and I am still unsure about what to do. Was hoping to do something with a line of Het Red, but I'm not sure if I want to mess with that just yet. We will see... Suggestions, anyone?



Some people have asked if she has any problems. I have had none, although I think for her issues in the incubator, her head is missing those little fatty pockets right in front of the neck. Makes her head look thin. I thought that they may come back in time, but that is not the case, so her head is a tad bit "off".



And some have said she looks like a Pewter. Well... I have put her with my darkest pewter and as you can see, the comparison is just, but not really close when you talk about color.



And the obligatory belly shot.



I love this snake. Not because I am the first one to make it, but because I really love her colors. Dark snakes don't appeal to some, but she takes the cake in terms of just coolness in dark to me.



So there you go. Chipo in the flesh. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed taking the pics. I love this gal... Now just to figure out what to do with her..

No comments: