Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Introducing the Pewterbee


Here he is, the Pewterbee, up close and personal.

He is VERY interesting, and I would have never thought that the combination would give me such a spotty wierd looking animal, but that is the way it worked out. I like him!

As we well know, I do not like spiders with spots too much. But this guy can be an exception. He has to be... See how many spots he has???


Here is a picture with him and a few of his siblings...

Bumblebee, Pewterbee, Pewter.

Interesting how they play out, isn't it?

I look forward to seeing the true colors of these critters when the time comes for them to shed out.


The entire clutch ended up like this:

1.0 Pewterbee
0.2 Pewters
0.1 Bumblebee
2.1 Pastels

Not too shabby. I especially like the Pewter females and the Bumblebee.


His colors are very interesting.. A burnished silver yellow green. The photos do not do it justice much, but it is what he will look like when he sheds that is the more important point.

I took pictures of what has shed and put what I could up on the available page. I am working on revamping that system, as I find it antiquated and not very user friendly. The photos all look like boo-boo as well, which doesn't help the situation.

I got bit so many times last night, I was getting frustrated. But it is done as of now, so I am pleased.

Check that off the list of to do, thank you very much.

I will be taking pictures of the newest stuff as it sheds out as well, so look forward to that this week.

I think I am almost up to date as to where I want to be. WOW! Now to make things BETTER.

Looking forward to more things soon, and will get things happening.

Hope you all out there do too.

Have a fantastic day, my friends.

1 comment:

Jackie M. said...

Oh, I reckon it's the cinnamon/black pastel genes that make the spots in the pewterbee. Black bees and cinnabees have them too... though their usually a bit more orderly.

Now I want to know what a silver bullet bee looks like.