Monday, August 23, 2010

Things are looking up

So this weekend, Smoj was in town. It is always refreshing to have a family member in town, a change of pace, so to speak, a reflection of what is happening in ones life.

"How are you doing?"

Well, I'm doing alright. Things have been kinda hectic lately, the snakes this season have been a rollercoaster, but hey, I'm doing alright.

"Have you been getting enough rest?"

No.

"Maybe you should take a break"

Yes, maybe. Will I? More than likely not.

But a break I did take on Saturday, and we went to the Arboretum and enjoyed the day.

Here is what I got to enjoy.


The Arboretum is a haven for Peacocks. Tons of them. This one was just hanging out...

And at the pond, this Canadian Goose didn't give a hoot about my being around watching it relax.


And relaxed it was, for good reason. Look at the scenery!


Yes, this is Southern California, people.


It was gorgeous, and a lovely day spent with some of my absolute favorite people.

So relax I got to, for a little bit. Serene indeed.

I need to go back there more often. Just for peace of mind.

And after the day was over, things were hatching.

These guys came out Saturday night.

Apparently Spotty McGillicutty got the job done with at least one female. Proven breeder? Yes indeed.

Count was:

2.1 Pastels
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 Spider

So on we went with the weekend. Sunday was a trip to the Aquarium, and here are a few pics that I liked.




He is the epitome of serene, eh? Heck, I should be like the Dumpy Frog.


And one of my favorite birds, the Rainbow Lorikeet. Those suckers are beautiful, but temperamental for sure... I got bit and crapped on that day. But it was worth it.

Look! It's Nemo!

I was hungry for Seafood...


So anyway, after a fun fishy day, with lots of crappy photos that I took that I don't want to share, I came home to this.

Sterling to Spider clutch hatched on Sunday.


3 Pastels, 2 Pewters, 1 Bumblebee, 1 Pewterbee.

Sex odds unsure, but I did get my Pewterbee.

And yes, I did check him.

He is a male.

Alright!!!

I can handle that.

So that is all for today. I will get a chance to post up Daytona pictures tonight or tomorrow.


Have a fantastic day, my friends!

3 comments:

Jackie M. said...

Those peacocks are awesome, even if they make freaky, freaky sounds.

Hey! Did you post the 1.1 silver bullets you hatched? I don't see them...

Jackie M. said...

Oh, 0.2 silver bullets. I see 'em now! Well, you should post more pics of them. Yes, you should.

Unknown said...

Yes ma'am. They are in shed, or I would have posted more pics. :) I will do so ASAP. Tonight there are many shedded babies to reveal.