Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pretty Boy and Counting your Blessings.


My Pastel Pied shed out, and I am so excited to have him here.

He is one of the animals that I planned to produce (in my dream plans) to have for the next few seasons and to use in projects.

I am very very blessed to have him here.

Why am I so thankful for this guy?

Cause it seems that my odds are now turning for the worse.

Let me introduce you to the eight egg clutch from Mystery Males (many of them double or triple co-dom) to Normal.

End result?


7 Normals, and a deformed Normal dead in the egg.

I didn't even bother sexing them yet. I was so upset with them being ALL normals, I just put them in the tub and walked away.

Those two that are really nice and yellow and banded? Yeah, still just normals. Cool looking normals, but still just normals.

So yeah...

PLUS, the Lesser Pastel to Spider clutch I was super super excited about this season?

All bad.

EVERY egg is dead.

So there will be no Queenbees or Lesserbees for me this year.

That sucks.

Sucks bad.

So I am in somewhat of a funk.

My luck has taken a change for the not so great, but then again, we are not done, so... its a work in progress. I am disappointed by the recent hatchings. Yes, it is part of the game, and yes, its not the end of the world, but... expectations were high.

And here I am, in the rubble of my hopes crashing down.

Queenbees would have been awesome to have hatched out. Really.

But I have to keep telling myself that there is always next year. Which there totally is...

So I am positive that things will get better, that this season is not that bad, cause hey, I have my Pastel Pied!!!

There is always something to be happy about when it comes down to it, and I am very happy about him. Now to get him big and fat to make him ready for the ladies next year or so. 

So I am counting my blessings.

Healthy baby snakes of all kinds, hatching out the runt egg, learning and growing in my experience.

That is something to be happy about.

Grow and learn, and know that nothing goes to plan, or to even hope.

But it all happens for a reason.


Have a fantastic day, my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one great looking Pied! Wish I had a Pied in my collection! Maybe in a few years.

Don

Unknown said...

Wow, that...that just sucks beyond all belief. :-[