Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Caramel education


So here is the Caramel again, unravelled and unfurled.

As you can see, there is nothing wrong with him at all other than being shiny and newly hatched.

I took a photograph of him to try and get his whole entirety, but I am not very good with macro with my camera, so I couldn't get his tail very well.



Yes, his tail is always a bit curled, but this is the case with every other snake hatchling as well

And the tail is what we are trying to look at.


Here is the best shot I could get of the tail. To be very honest with you, you can't even notice the kink unless you feel it. It is a slight bump right before the tip of the tail, and it is very small. Had I not felt down his entire spine for kinks, I would have never noticed it.

So there you go.

I have another clutch of Caramels due to hatch out in a few days, and there are several Caramels in it, so we will see more of the kinking (or lack thereof) when they hatch out.

Speaking of hatching out, here are a few clutches that are hatching out right now.


These are the Pastels and Normals het Genetic Stripes. Three pastels out of eight eggs... Not too great, but not too bad.

The one that hatched is a male. He's very pretty too...


And the Cinnamons het Pied are hatching out. Five out of six eggs are Cinnamons. These are the odds I appreciate a bit more.

Two Cinnamons are out, and both of them are female so far. HOORAY!

I love the Cinny and Super Cinny Pieds, so I am very glad for these gals. Hopefully there is a boy in there for me too!

We shall see.

Have a fantastic day, my friends.

2 comments:

Jackie M. said...

Yeah, that's not much of a kink. He's a pretty boy!

Oh, I have a question: one of my new baby purchases just had a bad shed while I was out of town. I pulled some of the leftover shed off, including her eyecaps and tail tip... right now, most of it is off except for her chin and a strip along the bottom of her neck. Is that important, or can I just leave it?

I did drop a wet towel over the top of her tank, so at least her humidity is up now. I'll probably leave the wet towel there until feeding day on Thursday.

Unknown said...

Jackie,

I would say its not a big deal, but if you raise the humidity, it will more than likely come off if you try and remove it.

No rush, its not life threatening, so you should be fine. :)