Friday, August 13, 2010

Musings and Lemons that Blast


So most of the clutch is out, and they are looking great! One more pastel is in the egg, but I think it may be a still born. It's not responding well to being poked..

Here are the sex odds:

2.0 Lemonblasts (of course...)
1.3 Pastels
0.2 Pinstripes
1.0 Normals

The top left Lemonblast is GORGEOUS, and I am really proud of him. If I didn't have one already, he would be the holdback.

So lots of cool things hatching out...

Things are also shedding out, and I did update my available page with what has shed and is eating.

I am getting ready for the show season, and things are coming on really fast!

There is a lot to do to prepare for a show, and a lot to plan for.

Also, being at shows lets you see and think about what you as a collector and breeder want to do with your animals, and maybe get more.

This seems to be my biggest problem when I go into a show. The WANT.

The WANT is a dangerous thing, and it is perpetuated by being shown animals that you cannot have or can have only by selling a kidney or something bodily.

It is a bittersweet time, wherein I realize that there is so much more to be done, and so many more animals out there.

I have to admit that when I came back from the show last weekend, I had a moment of sadness. There are people out there that have 100x the collection I have, produce killer animals, and just have better luck this year than me.

Yes, there is always next year, for sure. I intend to be here for life... BUT, it doesn't help when you see people have animals on tables that you hoped to hatch out just one, in quantity.

So, here we are, at the crossroads. Daytona is this weekend,  and we will see what crazy things have been hatched out, what crazy people have done what, and hopefully I can share it all with you from friends that were there.

Chin up, my friends. It's a great ride, a rollercoaster of sorts.. We are on the downswing, but things will come up!

Have a fantastic weekend, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work Heather.I am recently returning to this hobby and love reading your updates.They are very helpful.I didn't have the internet last time I hd and bred ball pythons so I didn't do all that well.My operation will be a small one with 20 or less adults,I just don't have the room for more.Can't wait to get the pied Hets from you this week!
Don