Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finally!! But still not good... (Not for the Faint of Heart)

Well, here's the story.

My last poss het Genetic Stripe girl only had THREE eggs. They are due to hatch in a week or so, but of course, one egg went bad a week ago.

So, I got curious, and decided to open it in the name of science (and curiosity, and boredom).

It was not alive by any means, but what I did see made me very sad.



It was a G Stripe. A FULL Stripe too, like its father.



Granted, I could say, "At least I know she is proven.." Yeah, there is that. I'm somewhat glad I did cut the egg. I would have tossed it and wouldn't have known.



But it is always sad to see a bad egg and the baby that tried to live.

But as you can see, it was developed enough to have its pattern (or lack thereof in this case), but something went wrong with the yolk it seems. It was hard and rubbery, when usually it is soft and pliable when attached to a living animal. This may have been the cause of the death, or the subsequent aftermath, but it is an interesting point to note.

Yes, its ugly, yes, its kind of gross. But it is in learning that we grow.

And I have learned a few things by doing this.

And hopefully you have too.

1 comment:

Eventide said...

Awww, poor little one! I know things like this happen, but it doesn't make it any easier!

Congrats on finally proving out one of your het G-stripes, though!