Friday, June 19, 2009

....Dang



Dead in the egg last night...

Why???

I'm not sure. Could have been a lot of different reasons, but the yolk sac is HUGE for a baby that should be hatching in a few days...

I'm not happy about it, since this was actually my first Albino ever so far, but this is part of breeding and so forth. It's never easy, but it is a part of life, so we trudge on.

It did make last night a tad bit solemn. On top of getting ready for a weekend with my family from out of town, a stressful work week, a damaged car (Joel) and other things, last night was one of those "I need a drink" nights.

I didn't have one. I just went to sleep. Which was kinda nice!

So after wallowing in self pity for a bit, I went and checked on the Axanthics again. They were popping in and out of the egg, so I know they are fine. I even took some pics of it.

Peek-a-boo!



Makes them all the more special for getting thru everything. A molded egg sibling, a dead sibling.. YAY FOR THEM FOR MAKING IT THRU!



This weekend is going to be crazy busy (AGAIN), and I hope to have some good snakey news on Monday.

Have a great weekend, my friends.

Go hug your snake.

4 comments:

skull kid said...

I'm very sorry about the albino! It gives you something to really strive for next season. Congratulations on te axanthics, I'm so glad they made it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heather on the axanthics next BP on my list. Sorry about the albino.

kyleh said...

hey heather i had that same thing happen to me this year with one clutch allready. The yolk was massive in mine also very wierd i watch my temps pretty good to so idk why it happend to me either. Hopefully it makes up for it somewhere else. goodluck

Supreme Gecko said...

Sorry to hear this Heather. It is a real disappointment I know. Seems like you are doing everything right though. Keep up the great work.