Monday, June 22, 2009

LACMA, Pinks and Eggs, Oh My!

Well, this weekend was weekend with the male fam. My brother and father came out for the weekend to hang out, and we did a lot of cool stuff!

Saturday was a very eventful day, and I hope that I can actually recall everything in detail, so bear with me.

The Axanthics hatched out on Saturday morning. 1.1 TSK Axanthics het Snow, my friends. The female is staying with me. WOOT!


AND!!! Clutch #18 is on the ground. My Spider finally dropped! TSK Axanthic het Albino to Spider, 6 beautiful eggs. Come on, Spiders!!!



After all of the egg excitement, we went to the La Brea Tar Pits (which was not the actual destination, but it was right there, so we saw it). Apparently, Mammoths still walk the earth, and only live in suspended animation in the tar pits themselves.


We were actually going to go to LACMA, which is the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. I actually wasn't even aware of the museum, but you always expect this kind of thing when hanging out with my Father.

Artists name escapes me...


Miro? I don't remember... Looks like it though..


I liked this one alot... Not sure the artist, but I LIKE IT!


Here are the guys posing in the statue garden. Can you find them?


Contemporary art... Hmmm.


One of the only pieces of art with a snake in it, and its being decapitated. Hmmmm....


I honestly don't remember who this was...


This is a Picasso.. Apparently, I was not allowed to take a picture, because after I did, the Security Guard came after me and told me not to take pictures in this area. But look! I have my picture still, the painting is still there, life goes on.


This is also a Picasso, it was called the Centaur. My brother was intrigued by it. I was as well...

So after our outing at the museum, we went to try the most famous hot dog stand in Los Angeles.

Pinks!

I have never been, not being a huge hot dog fan myself, but we went and I was appalled by the amount of people waiting in line for these things. WOW!


They have been around forever, and people like it, so I guess I shouldn't have been suprised that we waited in line for an hour and a half.


But we finally got our food, and it looked so artery cloggingly delicious, I couldn't be upset about waiting so long.. (In the photo, there is our order, and another.. We were not as big of pigs as it looks like)


I have to say, it was good, but since I am not a hot dog conesseuir, I can't say it was the best. But Pinks say it is!

Sunday was Fathers Day, and we went out with our father. It was nice, and I enjoyed the time I had to spend with him. One should always treasure family time, as you never know when you will see them again.

And another Father in my Pinstripe that day as well. Clutch #19 on the ground, Pin to Normal, 4 eggs, one slug, and one of the smallest eggs that is viable I have ever seen. I'm going to make sure to watch that one closely.




So all in all a good weekend. I had fun, although didn't get enough sleep, so it'll be an interesting next few days.

Have a great week, my friends!!

2 comments:

Kyle Frost said...

Yea, WOOT! Congrats Heather

Brandi said...

wow! Rock ON!!!


and dang, a couple of those pin eggs are small. Can't wait to see what pops out!